2016 Anzisha Prize & Fellowship Program (Up to USD $75 000 Cash Awards )
Deadline: April 15, 2016 & March 15, 2016 (Early Bird Application Review)
Become the next Anzisha Fellow; 2016 fellowship application is now open! The Anzisha Prize is the premier award for African entrepreneurs aged 15-22 who have developed and implemented innovative businesses or social ventures. Finalists travel to South Africa and share in over $75,000 in cash awards, as well as access to lifelong mentorship and support.
- Anzisha Week bootcamp, where you are taught by the world-renowned African Leadership Academy entrepreneurial leadership faculty and external business mentors.
- An Experts-in-Residence program, bringing global experts and small cohorts of Anzisha fellows together for 1-on-1 mentoring for up to a week.
- The Global Speaker Circuit, providing financial support for fellows to attend global conferences and promote their message and businesses.
- Anzisha Regional Fellow Indabas, bringing together Anzisha Fellows and African Leadership Academy alumni every year.
- The Youth Entrepreneur Support Unit (YES-U), which provides consulting and training support to Anzisha Fellows, particularly in their first year of the fellowship.
- Peer mentoring and social network, to engage with other fellows via Facebook, WhatsApp and other channels.
Value of the Fellowship- Additional investment of $8 000/ $10 000 in each fellow
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $75 000
- $2000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2 500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- $500 worth of equipment
Each fellow also gains access to the African Leadership Academy network.
12 finalists from across Africa will win an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus on the outskirts of Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $75,000 USD.
Selection Criteria for Business or Project
- Impact: Does your venture have a demonstrated, measurable and positive social and economic impact.
- Ingenuity: Have you taken a new or better approach to a pressing problem or business opportunity within your community.
- Scalability: Does your business or social project have the potential to grow or be replicated with support and investment.
- Leadership Potential: Do you have the qualities to be a role model for Africa’s youth.
How to Apply
Apply for the Anzisha prize/fellowship program here.
For more information, visit Anzisha Prize