Deadline: July 15, 2016
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is a Government funded scholarship, administered by Education New Zealand. The scholarship aims to attract and retain the best international researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years.
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
- New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
- New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
- Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a total of three years:
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies;
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free);
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually.
- The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
- Candidate must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in their most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification;
- They must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand University;
- If candidate have commenced PhD studies in New Zealand, the start date must be after July 1, 2015;
- Candidate must conduct their PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance);
- Candidate must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
- Download and complete an NZIDRS Application Form.
- Answer all questions by completing all fields and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand.
For more information, visit New Zealand International Doctoral Scholarships.