Deadline: February 29, 2016
Applications are now invited for the Global Innovation through Science & Technology (GIST) Boot Camp 2016 taking place in Johannesburg, South Africa from April 12-16. This is a great opportunity for innovators and entrepreneurs, initiated by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by VentureWell, Climate Innovation Centre, The Innovation Hub, and Afrika Leadership Development Institute.
Do you have an innovation that you are ready to take to the next level? Do you need help finding the best customers for your product? Do you need mentorship and instruction from experts? Would you like to meet other smart, young entrepreneurs like you? Apply for the GIST Startup Boot Camp!
- All expenses associated with attending are covered.
- Top teams will present their ideas to the public and compete for thousands of dollars in cash prizes!
Through the program, you will learn to:
- Turn your innovation into a successful startup!
- Explore how to make your innovation succeed in today’s global marketplace.
- Link your innovation to the right market.
Entrepreneurial teams will undergo four days of dynamic hands-on training in:
- Lean startups
- Customer development
- Value propositions
- Customer segments
- Product-market fit
GIST Startup Boot Camp South Africa is open to young entrepreneurs (18-40) in South Africa, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Eritrea, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, São Tomé and Principe, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
The ideal GIST Startup Boot Camp team will:
- Consist of two team members, ages 18-40 years old
- Inventor/entrepreneurial lead such as scientist
- Business/management lead such as mentor
- Be willing to pursue your technology-based innovation for commercialization into the market.
How to Apply
- Go to www.gistnetwork.org/events
- Click on View Event Page.
- Then Complete the survey and apply.
- For more information contact: [email protected]
NOTE: Travel and accommodation for accepted teams from outside of the Johannesburg metropolitan area provided.
For more information contact: [email protected]
For more information, visit GIST Startup Boot Camp.