2016 YSEALI SEA Camp – Boracay Island, Aklan (Fully Funded)
Deadline: March 21, 2016
Are you a true-blue seatizen capable of making a positive conservation impact? Save Philippine Seas (SPS), in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in Manila, is pleased to announce that applications for the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Sea and Earth Advocates (SEA) Camp in Boracay Island, Aklan are now open!
The YSEALI SEA Camp is seeking the best and brightest Filipino youth leaders to create and implement solutions that address environmental issues threatening the coastal and marine resources of Boracay. It will bring together 25 youth leaders from all over the Philippines, ages 18-23, from June 6 to 12, 2016. The YSEALI SEA Camp is one of the U.S. Government’s programs to promote ocean conservation, which is a priority of the U.S. Government.
As part of the application, aspiring participants must present an innovative, practical, and concrete solution to Boracay’s issues that can be implemented from April – June 2016 with a budget of P10,000. Upon selection, the participants will immediately be given online tasks to accomplish that will lead to project implementation and completion by the end of the YSEALI SEA Camp.
All expenses – transportation, accommodations, materials – will be covered by the project.
All SEA Camp applicants must:
- Be 18-23 years old during the SEA Camp;
- Be able to attend the full duration of the SEA Camp independent of a parent/guardian;
- Have a strong interest in conservation, environmental issues, volunteerism and advocacy work;
- Be a member of YSEALI.
- Fill out the online SEA Camp application form. Forms cannot be edited once submitted. Applicants can read and answer the Word document before filling in the online form, which can be viewed and downloaded from here.
- The downloaded form can also be signed and mailed to:
Save Philippine Seas
USAID – ECOFISH Main Office
Suite 202, CTC Building
2232 Roxas Boulevand, 1301 Pasay City.
- Submit a clear photo of yourself; a scanned copy or photo of an ID with your birthdate; and a screenshot of your YSEALI registration to [email protected] to complete your application. Incomplete application forms will not be assessed.
For more information, visit YSEALI SEA Camp.