Deadline: May 1, 2016
The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers one scholarship for its three-year bachelor’s programmes to talented students from international schools with the interest to expand their global education. The scholarship is available to students with (only) a non-EU/EEA nationality.
Maastricht University (UM) aims to further strengthen its position as a leading European university offering high-quality education with an international orientation. To this end, the university implements a proactive recruitment policy for international students.
- The amount of the scholarship is € 11,500 per academic year. The scholarship is renewable every year for the duration of the bachelor’s programme on the express condition that scholarship awarded students:
- Fulfill all study requirements within given time;
- Maintain an overall GPA of at least 75% each year;
- Assist, on average, 4 hours per month in student recruitment activities.
- Each scholarship recipient at SBE is assigned an academic advisor with whom they are required to meet regularly to monitor their academic progress.
SBE International School Scholarships (non EU/EEA student)
- Allowance – € 900 (One-time only)
- Health and liability insurance – € 500 (Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Visa costs – € 311 (Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Tuition fee waiver – € 8,500 (Paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Refund of travel expenses – € 1,000 (One-time only)
- Be accepted to a SBE bachelor’s programme:
- Not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year (1 September 2016);
- Have an overall GPA of at least 70%;
- Obtain their secondary school diploma at a Council of International Schools member international school. Please note: only students from a CIS accredited school can apply, check if your school is enlisted.
- To apply for this scholarship, applicants must first read terms and conditions before filling out the application form. Scholarship applications including motivation must be sent via e-mail to:
- [email protected]: for applicants for International Business;
- [email protected]: for applicants for Economics and Business Economics;
- [email protected]: for applicants for Econometrics and Operations Research.
- Please note: if you wish to apply for the SBE International School Scholarship for the BSc Econometrics and Operations Research or Fiscal Economics programme, your application deadline for the programme is also 1 May 2016. This differs from the regular deadline for this programme.
- The SBE Admissions department will rank the scholarship applicants. The SBE Scholarship Committee will make the final decision. Applicants will be informed about the decision in writing around mid-June.
- In making its assessment, the SBE Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, the status of the foreign institution, average grades and motivation.
For questions concerning your scholarship application, please contact Ms. Simone Franssen via [email protected].
For more information, visit SBE Scholarship.