L’Oréal-UNESCO UK & Ireland Fellowships For Women in Science 2016
Deadline: March 11, 2016
The L’Oréal-UNESCO UK and Ireland Fellowships For Women in Science are awards offered by a partnership between L’Oréal UK & Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO, with the support of the Royal Society, to promote, enhance and encourage the contribution of women pursuing their research careers in the UK or Ireland in the fields of the life and physical sciences.
Five Fellowships will be awarded in 2016 to outstanding women scientists in the early stages of their career to enable and/or facilitate promising scientific research. The Fellowships are tenable at any UK or Irish university or research institute to support a 12-month period of postdoctoral research in any area of life, physical and computer sciences, engineering and mathematics.
- Candidates must be female postdoctoral level researchers who have already been awarded their research doctorate in the fields of life, physical and computer sciences, engineering and mathematics.
- Candidates must have no more than 10 years’ active full-time equivalent postdoctoral experience (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry).
- Candidates must not currently hold a permanent academic post, or have ever held a permanent academic post in the past, or have received, before the start date of the award, the promise of a permanent academic post.
- Candidates must be undertaking research in the life or physical sciences, computer science, engineering, mathematics. Psychology, science education and social sciences are not eligible for this Fellowship.
- Candidates must be conducting their research at a UK or Irish university or research institute.
- Candidates must be a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA), or a Swiss citizen, or have permanent residence status in the UK or Ireland; and must be residing in the UK or Ireland at the time of application.
- Applications are welcomed from candidates who wish to establish/re-establish themselves after a career break or other period of absence from active research or where the candidate is establishing a research career as a mature entrant or after experience in other fields.
The Fellowship is intended to support a 12-month period of postdoctoral research. The award money will be paid in full at the start of the Fellowship.
How to Apply
Complete online application here.
Before beginning your application you must read the 2016 Applications Terms & Conditions; this document also contains some Frequently Asked Questions that you may find helpful. On winning a Fellowship, you will be asked to accept the Winner’s Terms & Conditions – which you can review here 2016 Winner’s Terms & Conditions.
You do not have to complete your application in one sitting; you may log back into your application and add to it or edit it as many times as you like up until the point you submit it. You are able to click through the different sections of the application form, and you can print your application at any stage
Shortlist published: Monday 30th May
Awards Ceremony: Wednesday 22nd Jun
For more information, visit Women in Science