Chantal Paydar Foundation Fellowship Travel Grant
Deadline: April 4, 2016
The Chantal Paydar Foundation Fellowship Travel Grant is intended for undergraduate and graduate students who have chosen academic studies related to international relations, peace and conflict resolution. Students of other academic backgrounds will be considered if they can demonstrate how they will apply their studies, as well as this internship, to positively impact our world.
The fellowship seeks candidates who demonstrate a commitment to international humanitarian service and working for peace. This grant provides one-time funding for airfare or other travel expenses to students pursuing a summer or semester-long internship in Peace, Justice and Conflict Resolution. The internship can count towards course work at their respected universities, but that is not a requirement. The grant is independent of any university and is fully funded by the Chantal Paydar Foundation.
- Two $1,000 grants to two different grant recipients.
- Travel grant is an open competition for all Undergraduate and Graduate Students (US and International Universities and Colleges).
- Funds can only be used towards travel expenses. Receipts are required.
- Students must work for a non-governmental organization outside of their country of origin, ideally in a post-conflict or recurring conflict area. The NGO must be registered and provide a letter of intent to host this internship for the applicant.
- Active enrollment in an accredited college or university;
- A strong commitment to international understanding of PJCR movement demonstrated through professional, academic, personal and community service achievements or activities;
- Credits towards a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study, with a strong academic record at the time of application;
- Paid or unpaid relevant work or internship experience;
- Basic proficiency in the language of the country where the internship will take place;
- A pre-arranged summer internship of at least 4 weeks.
- Complete the application cover page.
- Submit the following documents online, including scanned transcripts, in one email to: [email protected]
- University or College transcript (Official or Unofficial are acceptable) ;
- Résumé or curriculum vitae;
- Letter from organization supporting student’s internship, to include information on how the organization is registered or recognized in its country of origin;
- 500 word essay expressing intent and reason for internship;
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One letter of recommendation from a professor
- One letter of recommendation from a work supervisor or peer
- Sign and return “Assumption of Risk, General Release and Indemnity Agreement.”
For more information, visit Chantal Paydar Foundation Fellowship.