Apply for the 2017 MEST Scholarship (Fully Funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2016
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers a twelve-month, full-time, fully sponsored training program in which the students – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – learn about software development and entrepreneurship from Senior Faculty, who each bring more than 20 years of experience in the software business in the United States, Europe, or Asia. EITs also benefit from working with university graduates from around the world who serve as Teaching Fellows.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed so that EITs master industry-proven methodologies for software development. Every year, MEST trainees are recruited from among the brightest and most driven university graduates from Ghana and Nigeria. Starting this year, MEST is also accepting students from Kenya. Trainees come from diverse academic backgrounds, including French, Theater, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, and the Social Sciences.
- Tuition is covered by MEST;
- Three Meals a day;
- Free Housing;
- Monthly Stipend.
- Applicants must have a deep passion to start a software company;
- Have 3-5 years entrepreneurial or corporate work experience;
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program;
- Applicants must have a degree in ANY field from a Ghanaian, Nigerian or Kenyan University or technical College;
- A completely-filled online questionnaire and
- Candidate video pitch (2-3min long on why you want to be at MEST)
- 2 Recommendation letters from a previous employer, manager or supervisor.
- Business plan (please see guidelines here)
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC.
Fill out this form with your details; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information, contact Amma Baffoe, Head of Communications & Recruitment at email@example.com.
Admissions Timeline – Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya
- Application Period
Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya: November – April 2016
- In-person Interviews
- Accra: 1st week, June 2016
- Lagos: 2nd week, June 2016
- Nairobi: 3rd week, June 2016
- Offers Sent Out
- By July 31st 2016
- School Starts
For more information, visit MEST Scholarship.