School of Data Fellowship 2016 – Monthly Stipend of $1000
Deadline: March 10, 2016
School of Data is inviting journalists, civil society advocates and anyone interested in pushing data literacy forward to apply for its 2016 Fellowship Programme, which will run from April to December 2016. Up to 10 positions are open. In order to focus the training and learning experience the 2016 School of Data Fellows receive, the School of Data Fellowship Programme is taking a thematic approach.
During this time, fellows work alongside School of Data to build an individual programme that will make use of both the collective experience of School of Data’s network to help fellow gain new skills, and the knowledge that fellows bring along with them, be it about a topic, a community or specific data literacy challenges. As part of this fellowship, the shared aim will be to increase awareness of data literacy and build communities who together, can use data literacy skills to make the change they want to see in the world.
- A monthly stipend of $1000 USD to cover for fellow’s work.
- Candidates should possess experience in, and enthusiasm for, a specific area of data literacy training;
- They can demonstrate links with an organisation practising in this defined area and/or links with an established network operating in the field;
- Engaged individuals who already have in-depth knowledge of a given sector and that they will have been reflecting on the data literacy challenges faced in the field. This will help fellows get off to a running start and achieve the most during their time with School of Data.
- Furthermore, partner organisations are willing to support fellows interested in working on the following themes: Data Journalism, Extractives Data and Responsible Data. These amazing partner organisations will provide fellows with guidance, mentorship and expertise in their respective domains.
For more information, visit School of Data Fellowship.