Apply: Eastern Europe Regional Youth Advocacy Workshop on Global Citizenship Education 2016 – Moldova (fully-funded)
Deadline: March 13, 2016
Applications are now invited for the Eastern Europe Regional Youth Advocacy Workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) for young people from 3 to 6 May 2016 in Chișinău, Republic of Moldova. The workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic youth leaders from Eastern Europe to advocate for global citizenship education.
About the Workshop
This workshop will provide participants with a global platform to discuss with other young leaders how to ensure the successful achievement of the development goals for a more equal, just, prosperous and peaceful world by integrating concepts of GCED into practices at the local, national, regional and global levels.
The workshop is organized by the United Nations Secretary-General’s Global Education First Initiative (UNSG GEFI) in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Moldova, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and Peer to Peer Education Network, Y-PEER Moldova.
- Participants will be asked to identify specific aspects of GCED and advocacy, reflecting on the global challenges and newly adopted Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Working both individually and in groups, the young people will expand on these topics, devising advocacy goals and strategies for use locally, nationally and regionally.
- Participants will also engage in information sessions and workshops at the training to support them in this task, on areas such as ‘Advocacy tools to build strategies’, and ‘Bottom-up planning for advocacy campaigns’.
Travel and local expenses will be covered for all successful applicants. This Workshop is supported by Educate A Child (EAC).
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Between 18 and 24 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of experience in youth advocacy activities
- Knowledgeable in global citizenship education related issues and priorities
- Proven record of having influenced change at the local or national level
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- A minimum of two years’ experience in youth advocacy activities
Approximately 40 participants, between the ages of 18 and 24, will be selected on the basis of the following:
- their past/ongoing engagement and future commitment in educating youth at the local and national levels around GCED
- an understanding of GCED issues and priorities
- a proven record of influencing change at the local or national levels
- experience in youth advocacy activities
How to Apply
To apply, you must complete the Online Application in English by 13 March 2016 (EST).
Successful applicants will be notified on 25 March 2016 (EST).
For more information, visit Youth Advocacy Workshop on GCED.