Deadline: March 15, 2016
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in conjunction with the International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA), is offering an Aviation Scholarship for a professional woman in this field with the objective of enhancing the development of women in aviation. IAWA is supporting ICAO in its efforts to promote the development of women in aviation by providing voluntary contributions and by assisting in identifying those candidates who meet the requirements for the ICAO-IAWA Aviation Scholarship.
Candidates who are selected for the ICAO-IAWA Aviation Scholarship will be able to augment their professional experience in aviation by working on and contributing to specific aspects of the ICAO work programme at the international level for a period of nine months.
Cost and Benefits
- A monthly stipend of USD 2,000 will be provided to assist the selected candidate in covering living expenses in Montreal;
- The selected candidate is required to cover all costs related to travel to Montreal.
- An advanced university degree (Masters’ level or equivalent), in an aviation-related discipline;
- A minimum of two years of experience in supporting technical work of an international aviation or aerospace organization, a civil aviation authority, or similar related organization;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of any other of the following ICAO languages is an asset: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish.
- Submit an online application. In addition, please send your resume to [email protected].
- If required, a letter will be provided by ICAO to selected candidates to assist in obtaining entry visa to Canada (where applicable).
- Medical insurance: the selected candidate will be required to provide proof of medical coverage for the duration of the Aviation Scholarship.
For more information, visit IAWA-ICAO Aviation Scholarship.