Apply to Ashoka ChangemakerXchange Summit 2016 in Japan (funded)
Deadline: March 20, 2016
Ashoka is now accepting applications now for the upcoming ChangemakerXchange Summit taking place, June 1 to June 6, 2016 in Hiroshima and Tsuwano, Japan. The ChangemakerXchange is a global collaboration platform for young social entrepreneurs. It gathers some of the world’s most exciting changemakers at summits around the world for the exchange and co-creation of ideas.
Supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung, the ChangemakerXchange brings together young social entrepreneurs from 40 different countries in Europe, Turkey, the Middle East, North Africa and Asia. Participants will immerse into local culture, exchange learnings and knowledge with other changemakers and develop cross-border collaborations.
Cost and Benefits
- ChangemakerXchange covers nearly 100% of travel costs and the majority of the conference costs for all 5 nights and 5 days (incl. hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees and more).
- Flights for the summit are sponsored by their partner, All Nippon Airways (ANA) Airlines and their Blue Wing program.
- Participants may be asked though to contribute the airport tax (~50-70 USD).
- Must be between 18-30 years old
- Must come from one of the eligible countries Germany, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines (or reside in one of these countries on a longterm basis for the purpose of implementing their project there).
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem (an idea or volunteering for an organization is unfortunately not enough)
- Must have to speak English well enough to understand and make presentations in English and participate in discussions
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role in this community.
NOTE: For this special first summit in Asia, applications are only accepted from Germany, South Korea and Japan; with a few additional limited spaces available to candidates from Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, the Philippines and Malaysia. More spaces for those countries and new countries will be added at future summits when the programs expands.
For more information and to apply, visit ChangemakerXchange Summit.