UNU-WIDER PhD Internships – Monthly Stipend of EUR 1,600
Deadline: March 31, 2016
Applications are open for the UNU-WIDER PhD Internships. The PhD Internship Programme gives registered doctoral students an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
They typically spend 3 consecutive months at UNU-WIDER and return to their home institution afterwards. During their time in Helsinki, the interns prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. PhD interns may also have the opportunity to publish their research in UNU-WIDER’s working paper series.
- A travel grant;
- Medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER); and
- A monthly stipend of EUR 1,600 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their internship. The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies;
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute;
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- Preference is given to applicants who are living or working in developing countries and who are at later stages of the PhD.
- Online applications for the PhD Internship Programme must be completed and submitted.
- Short-listed applicants will be informed by email of the final decision within four weeks of the closing deadline.
- The selected applicants must confirm their decision to take up UNU-WIDER’s offer two weeks after being contacted.
- Please note that the link to the online application form will only become active one month prior to the submission deadline (e.g., application procedures start on 1 March and 1 September of each year).
- The following documents will be required:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Your PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, which should be emailed to the following address: PHD-interns-reference-letter(at)wider.unu.edu. The reference letter will also be used to certify that you are enrolled in a PhD programme at your university.
- Applications sent by email or post will not be considered.
If you have any questions about the UNU-WIDER PhD Internship Programme or experience any problems with your online application then please send an email to [email protected]
For more information, visit PhD Internships.