Scholarship For MSc. Public Health for Eye Care at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine(Fully-Funded)
Deadline: May 13, 2016
The Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium is offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income African Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters Public Health for eye care at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine aims to train world leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries.
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
The applicant must:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eye health
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC / community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye health activities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eye care
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 13 May, 2016.
Scholarships will cover course fees, travel costs, and accommodation costs
Ad: Spotlight on London’s Mental Health Needs – An infographic drawing attention to London’s mental health issues.
How to Apply
For details on how to apply for the MSc Public Health for Eye Care program, please visit LSHTM here.Applications for this Master program is still open!
- Download application here.
- complete the application form and submit to the ICEH Student & Alumni Engagement Officer – Romulo Fabunan atRomulo.Fabunan@Lshtm.ac.uk
E-mail inquries to Romulo.Fabunan@Lshtm.ac.uk
For more information, visit Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium.