20th ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU20) – Fully Funded
Deadline: April 5, 2016
Be part of the Asia-Europe team of young professionals and students who will travel together for 2 weeks across China, Mongolia and the Russian Federation under the theme “Gateways of Asia and Europe: Connectivity by Land, Sea & Air”. The 20th ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU20) is for those who are hungry to explore the role of transportation and trade in connecting Asia and Europe – in the past, present and future.
In conjunction with the 20th Anniversary of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) process, ASEFSU20 explores the concept of “Connectivity” between Asia and Europe from 3 lenses: Human Connectivity, Trade and Economic Cooperation, and Transport. ASEFSU20 leverages on the accelerating social and economic linkages between the 2 dynamic continents. ASEFSU20 is your opportunity to apply your skills and add-on an once-in-a-lifetime educational expedition!
- The organisers will provide travel subsidy, accommodation and meals for the duration of the journey, plus a travel subsidy from your country of residence to the starting point and back. No participation fee.
- Be citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries;
- Be young professionals and students, ranging from A (academics) to Z (zen-masters);
- Be between the ages of 18-30;
- Have strong command of English (written and verbal)
- Be up and ready to actively participate in the online preparation phase, 2-weeks journey in 3 countries, and post-event follow-up activities
- Be willing to partake in a travel experience that will challenge your comfort zone.
Complete the application form.