World Bank Group Analyst Program 2016
Deadline: April 5, 2016
The World Bank Group Analyst Program is a new and unique opportunity for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.
About the Program
Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes. You will have the opportunity to contribute and grow your skills in areas ranging from analytics, research, data management, project management, communications, finance, management accounting, and information technology. In addition, the program offers various cohort activities aimed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
At the end of the three-year contract/program, WBG Analyst have several choices:
- apply competitively to an analyst position;
- apply to an officer’s position (for those meeting the eligibility criteria including holding a master’s degree);
- pursue academic studies or other job opportunities outside of the WBG.
Eligibility/ Selection Criteria
To be competitive for this highly selective program, you need to demonstrate a commitment to development, analytical thinking, proven academic success, and leadership potential.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Passion to contribute to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
- 28 years of age or younger (i.e., born on or after January 1st, 1988)
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by December 31, 2016
- One to three years of work experience in one or more specialty areas (see Application and Selection Process )
- Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential
- Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred.
In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the World Bank Group Core Competencies (Read more about the selection criteria and cycle):
- Deliver results for clients
- Lead and innovate
- Collaborate within teams and across boundaries
- Create, apply and share knowledge
- Make smart decisions
- Contract: a three-year local term contract is being offered.
- Salary: WBG Analysts are offered a locally-competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident and Other Insurance Programs
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Benefits on Appointment
- Tax Allowance.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
How to Apply
- You may apply and be considered for up to two of the specialty areas listed below.
- To apply, click on the relevant link for each specialty; you will be prompted to log into the Member Center or create a new account.
- Please fill in all fields, answer the screening questions, attach your resume or CV and submit your Statement of Interest (no more than 700 words). Read more about our general application instructions and details about the selection cycle and criteria.
- Following the screening of applications against the eligibility criteria, a select number of candidates will be contacted in April to take an online analytical reasoning and behavioral assessment. Other candidates will receive an email to inform them that they have not been selected. The results of this assessment will determine further participation in the recruitment program.
- Based on the business needs in a specific recruitment stream, a select number of candidates will be approached for further interviewing/testing between May and December 31, 2016. Offers will be made during that period. Selected candidates will enter the World Bank Group between May 2016 and February 2017 and will start their development curriculum in February 2017
- Operations: You will focus on areas ranging from assisting in the formulation of policy and strategic advice to supporting the identification, preparation, appraisal and supervision of development projects. Operational units include the 14 Global Practices and 4 Cross-Cutting Solutions Areas, which are responsible for defining strategic direction, developing and deploying expertise globally and capturing and leveraging knowledge effectively. Apply here.
- Finance: You will contribute to the financial sustainability and management of the World Bank Group in areas such as treasury, risk management, and financial management. Your focus may include financial analysis, financial modeling, and/or quantitative analysis. Bachelors’ and Masters’ holders will be considered. Apply here
- Information Technology: You will support the World Bank Group’s vast information technology services, ranging from identifying business needs and providing innovative recommendations for technology solutions, analyzing the performance of installed technologies and proposing and implementing required changes, and conducting cost/benefits analysis on IT projects. Specific jobs considered include Business Systems Analyst; Information Analyst; Legal Information Security Analyst; Business Analysis IT Analyst; Business Solutions IT Analyst; Security, Risk and Compliance IT Analyst. Bachelors’ and Masters’ holders will be considered. Apply here
NOTE: The World Bank Group is offering a live chat Q&A session about this program. Details here
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (ET) / 13:30 – 15:30 (GMT) or convert time