TEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics
Deadline: April 17, 2016
The TEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics which is funded by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC), provides support for two years training in medical statistics. For the first year the successful applicant will study for the MSc degree in Medical Statistics at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (LSHTM).
This will be followed by a one-year professional attachment at one of the African centres associated with the research programme of the Tropical Epidemiology Group (TEG) at the School. During the professional attachment, training Fellows will develop their statistical and research skills by working on studies with guidance from TEG staff.
The fellowship will provide costs for fees, stipend (GBP 15,000 per annum) and return air travel. This support is intended to foster excellence in the field of medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be resident in and a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be in possession of an excellent first degree with a background in mathematics, statistics or a related subject;
- Have at least 1 year of work experience in medical statistics or epidemiology.
- Support will not be given as a supplement to other funding, nor to students who have funding from other sources.
- Complete a TEG Fellowship Application Form and provide a curriculum vitae, two Reference Forms, and an academic transcript. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by telephone.
- Completed application forms, curriculum vitas, academic transcripts and references should be emailed to: [email protected] Please include “TEG Fellowship Application” and your name in the subject line.
For more information, visit TEG Fellowship.