2016 NWAG Scholarship in Nigeria – Worth N50,000!
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Female Undergraduates in Nigerian Universities are invited to apply for the 2016 NWAG Scholarship. The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is awarding 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to students in Nigerian universities.
So far, NWAG has shipped over $1m (One million dollars) worth of medical supplies to various states in Nigeria. In addition, NWAG supports ten orphanages with their nutritional program all across Nigeria and in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Worth N50,000 each
Candidate should be a Nigerian Female Undergraduate Student in a Nigerian University.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office;
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers;
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department;
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card;
- A current photograph of yourself;
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page);
- A typed, double-spaced, two-paged essay on: “How has the current inflation and its resultant high cost of living in Nigeria, affected the quality of education in Nigeria?”
- Application Process is free!
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents as pdf or word documents to NWAG either electronically to [email protected] or by regular mail to:
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324.
For more information, visit NWAG Scholarships.