Deadline: May 1, 2016
Applications are on for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships. The Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a substantial programme of scholarships, offered on a matched funding basis between the Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions. The scholarships are available to students as part of a wider strategy to promote Scotland as a study destination and showcase Scotland’s higher education offering in international markets.
The scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as a learning nation and a science nation and are therefore targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and clean energy. These are available across key priority countries: Canada, China, India, Pakistan and United States of America.
- The scheme offers up to 100 awards, each worth £4000. These are towards the tuition fees, for any one year of full time study, on an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered. The course must be an undergraduate, Masters or PhD level course in one of the following broad subject areas: Science, technology, creative industries, financial services, renewable and clean energy;
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Pakistan, USA or the People’s Republic of China (Hong Kong also being eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China);
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees;
- Complete an application form and submit it to their selected institution by the closing date of 1st May 2016;
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
Courses must be full time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
Complete the Application Form.