2016 APN South Asia Media Fellowship
Deadline: May 15, 2016
Application is open for the Asia-Pacific Network South Asia Media Fellowship. In celebration of its 20th Anniversary, APN, together with the University of Peradeniya, will organise a fully funded two-day South Asia Media Visit in Kandy, Sri Lanka.
The media visit is designed to engage media in expanding efforts to raise awareness about, and disseminate information on and lessons learned from, APN funded projects on global change and sustainability issues. A total of seven media representatives will be invited to join the media visit and develop news/feature stories/broadcasts about the projects.
- Applicant must be a journalist/media worker at a media company based in an APN Member/Approved Country in South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka);
- Applicant must have a good working knowledge of English;
- Applicant should have a keen interest in environmental communication/journalism;
- Experience in environmental reporting is preferable;
- Young/early-career journalists/media workers under 40 years of age are encouraged to apply.
Invited participants are required to publish at least one feature story (in print/online/on air) in the company they work for as an outcome of their participation in the Media Visit.
Submit the online application form and upload a short CV and a brief profile of the media company that you are working with.
For more information, visit APN Fellowship.