Apply to the Georg Forster Research Fellowship
Applications are open for the Georg Forster Research Fellowship. This is an amazing opportunity for researcher from developing countries. As many as 80 Georg Forster Research Fellowships can be granted annually by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. The foundation promotes academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from abroad and from Germany.
- A monthly fellowship of €2,650 for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years) or €3,150 for experienced researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years);
- A flexible starting date and – for experienced researchers – the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays;
- Individual mentoring during the sponsorship period;
- Intensive German language course for fellows and their marital partners prior to the fellowship;
- Additional financial support for accompanying family members and items like travel expenses and comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or further stays in Germany.
- Open to researcher with above average qualifications in a developing or transition country (see list of countries);
- Candidates who intend to carry out long-term research of their own choice (6 to 24 months) at a research institution in Germany together with an academic host they have chosen yourself can apply;
- You are eligible if your research outline includes aspects that are important for the continued development of your country or region of origin and if you want to contribute to the exchange of knowledge and methods between Germany and your country of origin.