Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2016/17 For Female Journalists (Funded)
Deadline: April 29, 2016
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is now accepting applications for its 2016/17 Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship. One outstanding woman journalist will be selected in June 2016 to complete a seven-month program from August 29, 2016 until March 28, 2017. This fellowship gives academic and professional opportunities to women journalists who focus on covering human rights and social justice.
The selected Fellow will complete research and coursework at MIT’s Center for International Studies and internships with media outlets including The Boston Globe and The New York Times. The flexible structure of the program will provide the Fellow with opportunities to pursue academic research and hone her reporting skills. Past Fellows have taken advantage of opportunities to publish work under their bylines through various media outlets.
Founded in 1990 by a group of prominent U.S. women journalists, the International Women’s Media Foundation is a Washington-based organization that is dedicated to strengthening the role of women journalists worldwide.
This is open to female journalists worldwide
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years experience in journalism.
- Applicants must be dedicated to a career in journalism in print, broadcast, or online media and show a strong commitment to sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues upon the completion of the Fellowship.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are required.
- A fixed monthly stipend will be provided to cover housing, meals, and ground transportation during the fellowship.
- Round-trip economy airfare will be purchased from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to the fellowship city.
- The fellow will receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not include a salary. For fellows residing outside of the United States, the fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa. The fellow will be fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
How to Apply
The following items constitute a completed application:
- Completed application form
- Current resume or CV
- Two work samples (links preferred)
- Two letters of recommendation
For more information visit International Women’s Media Foundation