Deadline: May 1, 2016
Applications are now invited from students worldwide for the Hesselbein Global Student Leadership Summit taking place from July 23 – July 26, 2016 in University of Pittsburgh campus, Pittsburgh, PA. Apply now to join 50 dynamic student leaders from across the world to learn how to be effective, ethical, and innovative leaders.
Hesselbein Global Academy for Student Leadership and Civic Engagement aims to produce a cadre of experienced, ethical leaders equipped to address critical issues throughout the world. Participants will work alongside distinguished mentors who will share their expertise and guide you through leadership training. Students will emerge from the academy with the skills and experience to excel as global leaders.
- Students who are accepted to the 2016 Hesselbein Global Academy will receive paid registration which includes all educational activities (presentations, breakout workshops with Professional Mentors, and featured speakers), room, and board.
- Up to $500 towards travel for international students and up to $200 need-dependent travel for U.S. students.
- Accomplished student leaders from college campuses across the world. Eligible students include rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduating seniors from two-year and four-year schools, and entry-level graduate students such as those enrolled to begin the first year of graduate school and/or those who have completed the first year of graduate school.
- Student applicants who have been involved in a range of campus and community programs, service, leadership, athletics, research and and experiential-learning.
Complete the online application and upload the following attachments:
- One current letter of recommendation written by a university administrator (e.g. College Dean, Director of Student Life, Departmental Chair). Application will be incomplete unless the recommendation letter is uploaded and/or sent to [email protected] by the application deadline. You may send an additional letter to supplement your application.
- Résumé (include GPA on résumé).
- Single-page essay using 12-point times new roman font. Your essay should incorporate the following questions:
What specifically have you accomplished as a leader on your campus and/or in your community, and how did you motivate others? How has your leadership experience on your campus and/or in your community broadened your understanding of the challenges and opportunities confronting global leaders today? How do you envision yourself addressing these challenges and opportunities be it through a career, community service, and/or civic engagement?
Students will receive an email regarding their pending application on or before May 23, 2016.
For more information, visit Hesselbein Student Leadership Summit.