2016 Ewha Global Empowerment Program – Seoul, South Korea (Funded)
Deadline: April 10, 2016
Applications is open for the summer cohort of the 2016 Ewha Global Empowerment Program with the theme “Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism”. The EGEP is a two-week residential educational program that takes place twice a year (summer and winter) offered by Ewha Womans University and UN Women. This program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa by empowering women working in non-governmental public sectors and by nourishing the next generation of women leader. Usually 20-25 participants are selected for every term of EGEP.
On completing this program, participants will have:
- Improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- Broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- Strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
- Available funding to cover fees for the tuition, accomodations, and a two-week allowance for all the participants.
- Funds for a roundtrip airfare in economy class will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
- No other costs, such as visa fee or domestic transportation, will be covered by Ewha.
- Women activists who are working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations;
- Individuals who are working independently and are interested in various issues on violence against women or human rights, may apply for this program;
- Applicants should have minimum three years of experience.
The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- Field experience 25%
- Expertise in women’s issues 25%
- Potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- Contribution to the community 25%
Selection Requirements: These requirements are only for those who have been notified as selected EGEP participants
- 5-page paper;
- English is the official language of the EGEP.
- Create a new account;
- Click ‘Sign in’ and write down an email address. (The password can be changed when needed, but the sign in ID is permanent);
- Please fill in the online application form and submit the completed forms listed below into the application system.
- Download the following:
- Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail by May 11, 2016.
For more information, visit 2016 EGEP.