Deadline: April 14, 2016 (Noon Japan Time)
Application is open for the Fujitsu Scholarship Program. The scholarship is aimed to provide the opportunity for people from the Asia-Pacific region to contribute to the region through studying different values, cultures, and global business. This scholarship has since enabled about 500 professionals from 18 countries to study cross-cultural management at JAIMS, the Japan-America Institute of Management Science, in Hawaii, U.S.A.
The Fujitsu Scholarship now provides full financial assistance for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training in the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program by Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation. The program has three and a half months curriculum. The participants will sharpen their global management knowledge and skills, and build the confidence necessary for success in global business situations.
The Scholarship includes:
- Tuition and Fees for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge;
- Stipend Toward Living Expenses;
- Housing Arrangements;
- Visa Arrangements.
- A bachelor’s degree or a degree equivalent to a four-year standard baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally or nationally accredited institution;
- A minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred) at the time of application;
- A minimum TOEFL score of 577/233/90 (paper/computer/Internet), TOEIC score of 750, or IELTS (Academic) overall band test result of 6.5 or higher from a test taken within the last five years at the time of application;
- The following applicants are exempt from submitting an English proficiency test score:
- Applicants whose native language is English and who are from one of the following countries: the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore.
- Applicants who have received a bachelor’s or advanced degree within the last five years from the time of application from an accredited or recognized college or university in one of the following six countries: the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore. To be qualified for this exemption, you must submit the transcript or graduate certificate for this degree.
- Note: If your institution is located in a country other than these six, you can only qualify for an exemption if the medium of instruction and all coursework were done solely in English. This must be clearly stated on the transcript or graduate certificate. If your transcript or graduate certificate does not list this information, submit an official letter from the university certifying so. The letter must be on the university’s letterhead, signed and dated by the university official, and sealed in the university’s envelope and/or have a stamp certifying that it’s prepared by the university. The envelope must not be opened by anyone including the applicant for it to be considered official.
- Applicants must be a resident of the state of Hawaii, U.S.A., or a citizen of one of the following : Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Applicants who are residents of the State of Hawaii will be requested to prove Hawaii residency. For details, refer to Definition of Hawaii Residency.
Step 1: Register through the Web
- Applicants check their eligibility for applying to the Fujitsu Scholarship program;
- Applicants fill out the Web Registration Form.
- Applicants will receive an e-mail upon registering with links for downloading the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form.
Step 2: Prepare Application Documents
Prepare the application documents. The necessary documents are as follows:
- Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form
- Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form
- Photocopy of your TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score reportOriginal Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate
Refer to the “Details for the Required Documentation” for more information.
Step 3: Send Application Documents
Submit the documents listed in STEP 2 to:
Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office
6660 Hawaii Kai Drive
Honolulu, HI 96825
See more about application process and selection.