Deadline: May 31, 2016
CICOPS Scholarships are now being accepted for 2017. Academics and other reserchers from Developing Countries who wish to carry out research in collaboration with a professor at the University of Pavia are invited for this scholarship. Applicants must have the support of a collaborator at the University of Pavia who invites them with a formal invitation letter.
Since 1998, the University of Pavia and the Institute for University Studies (EDiSU) have offered about ten scholarships yearly for a four to ten week stay in Pavia, during which time the scholars carry out research with professors in the department that hosts them and often hold seminars. As of 2016, about 200 scholarships had been awarded to academics from more than 40 different countries to carry out research in Pavia.
- The scholarship includes travel (economy class), boarding and lodging expenses and pocket money of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week.
- Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of universities in developing countries or members of major research centres or international organisations or institutions with specific interest in the field of development studies;
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity in international organizations and institutions;
- CICOPS scholarships are foreseen for research collaboration in the short period in order to encourage the mobility of researcher from developing countries. Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
- Complete the online application form;
- Together with the application form, each candidate should send the following to CICOPS via mail to [email protected]:
- Curriculum Vitae possibly in European format with a list of publications (file to be named Surname_Name_CV.pdf)
- Invitation Letter from the Professor or Researcher with whom he/she intends to collaborate (file to be named Surname_Name_Letter.pdf)
- Application forms submitted without CV and Invitation Letter will not be considered.
- For further information about the invitation letter, please refer to the FAQs.
For more information, visit CICOPS Scholarships.