Submit Entries for the Hack4Water Contest
Deadline: April 20, 2016
Do you have a cool, innovative idea that could help South Africa with its water challenges? The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS), in partnership with the Open Government Partnership South Africa (OGPSA) invite you to submit your water hack to some of the country’s water and sanitation challenges.
Your hack could be a big idea, solution, commercial product, community initiative, school project, home solution, inspiring water story, app or online tool, research paper, invention, awareness campaigns, cool water-related song or dance or something never thought of.
- You have a chance to win cash prizes, funding for your project, media coverage for your winning hack, tablets and more!
Categories and Eligibility
Entries to the challenge will be accepted in the following categories:
- Individuals or groups of individuals: individuals, teams, communities or NGOs with majority of members over 25 years of age;
- Youth or Schools: pupils or youth under the age of 25;
- Enterprise category: established small, medium and large companies
- Researcher category: individuals and research teams based at universities and research institutes
- Storytelling: Journalists and individuals reporting on water issues using data and innovative and interactive storytelling methods.
- Shoot a video of no more than two minutes introducing your water hack;
- Upload your video to Youtube;
- Complete the submission form and don’t forget to add link to your video;
- Share your video on social media and get the public to vote for your hack.
If you would like to keep your video private, email the link to [email protected]
For more information, visit #Hack4Water.