Scholarships to Attend the European Forum Alpbach 2016
Deadline: April 30, 2016
Club Alpbach Brussels is pleased to award scholarships to attend the European Forum Alpbach to students and recent graduates who study or work in Belgium. The Forum runs from August 17th to September 2nd, 2016.
Every year, about 4,000 participants from over 60 countries meet in the picturesque village of Alpbach in the Austrian Alps to discuss emerging trends in eight broad fields: technology; law; European and international affairs; financial markets; the economy; public health; higher education; and architecture and urban planning. Each of these fields has a dedicated “symposium” in the conference schedule. All of the events, however, are united by a loose, overarching theme: in 2016, the European Forum Alpbach will discuss the “New Enlightenment”.
- The scholarship covers the conference fees.
- There are reserved spaces in the shared club accommodation (bed and breakfast in double or triple rooms). The costs for accommodation (roughly €600) and travel are usually not included, though additional funds may be available. If you need help with these costs, please indicate this in your application.
- Open to students and recent graduates up to the age of 30 who study or work in Belgium;
- Individuals who represent a wide spectrum of opinions, and academic and professional backgrounds;
- Ideally you plan to be in Brussels from September 2016, as organizers hope you will continue to play an active role in the Club. However, this is no mandatory requirement to apply;
- Most if not all of the Forum’s events will be conducted in English so there’s no requirement to speak German.
In particular, the organizers are looking for individuals who:
- Enjoy interdisciplinary debates with a broad variety of people;
- Are outgoing and interested in making contacts across Europe;
- Have shown engagement beyond their work and study commitments (in extracurricular activities, university societies, charitable work etc.)
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com, containing the following documents:
- Motivation letter – or link to a Youtube motivation video – answering each of the following questions in 200 words (so max. 800 words in total):
- Your reasons for applying,
- Which aspects of this year’s conference programme you find particularly interesting,
- Why we should pick youhat you plan to do after graduating (if applicable), and whether you plan to be in Belgium from September 2016;
- Your CV (no photo; max. two pages), preferably in Europass format.
Please be aware that by applying for a scholarship you allow the organizers to share your CV with their sponsors.
For more information, visit Scholarships to Attend the European Forum Alpbach.