Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship 2016 (Funded)
Deadline: June 15, 2016
Applications for the 2016 Stanford Africa MBA Fellowships are now open.
The Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program pays for tuition and associated fees (approximately US $150,000) for citizens of African countries with financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB). Stanford will award up to eight Stanford Africa MBA Fellowships annually.
Within two years of graduation from Stanford GSB, Stanford Africa MBA Fellows are required to return to Africa to work for at least two years in a professional role that contributes to the continent’s development.
Stanford GSB evaluates three criteria when considering candidates for both the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship and the MBA Program: intellectual vitality, demonstrated leadership potential, and personal qualities and contributions that will add to the class.
Stanford Africa MBA Fellows must first be selected as finalists through the fellowship application process. Stanford will select up to 50 Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship finalists based on:
- intellectual vitality,
- demonstrated leadership potential,
- personal qualities and contributions that will add to the class.
- Commitment to developing Africa
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must have completed, or be in the final year of completing, your university studies.
- Stanford Africa MBA Fellows must return to work in Africa, within two years of Stanford MBA graduation, for a period of at least two years.
- Financial need
- Stanford will determine your financial need based on personal financial information you submit in the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship application.
This fellowship covers full tuition + associated fees for 8 students.
- Finalists may request up to one voucher to cover the cost of either the GMAT or GRE test.
- The MBA application fee will be waived for finalists.
How to Apply
The online application for this fellowship is available from April 25 through June 15, 2016. The documents required for a complete application includes.
- Educational history
- Official transcripts are not considered at this stage. Finalists will be required to submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts in the MBA Application and will submit official copies upon admission to the MBA Program.
- You may also submit the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), if available. These are optional at the fellowship application stage. If you are selected as a finalist, you’ll be required to take one of these exams as part of your application to the Stanford MBA Program.
- Awards and honors (academic, professional, or personal)
- Employment history
- One-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- 250-word essay addressing how you plan to make an impact in Africa
- Individual financial information
For more information, visit Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship