Apply to the Politheor Policy Research Internship 2016
Deadline: April 30, 2016
Politheor is accepting applications for interns who will be supporting the op-ed team over the course of four months. The internships are online-based, with both training and mentorship offered online. Selected candidates’ primary task will be supporting the op-ed section by writing one policy-related op-ed of 700-800 words each month.
Politheor is a European policy platform that brings together policy analysts to help enhance the quality of European public policy discussions. Its goal is to promote and support talent in public policy analysis. Politheor’s Advisory and Editorial board comprise of experts affiliated to some of the top education and policy institutions in Europe.
Op-ed topics will necessarily relate to one of the following policy areas which, at the same time, form op-ed sections:
- International affairs,
- Economic Policy,
- Social Policy,
- Energy Policy,
- The refugee crisis and migration policy,
- Climate and environmental policy,
- Human Rights and Disability Policy,
- EU governance,
- Trade policy,
- Biodiversity and ecosystem policy.
- Every intern who successfully finishes the internship will receive an Internship Certificate;
- Interns will enhance their experience and proficiency in writing policy-related op-eds, through experience, training and mentoring;
- The internship is unpaid but may include merit-based awards such as Excellence in Policy Analysis certificate issued by the leading experts of the Politheor Advisory Board, as well as other possible financial and non-financial awards;
- Those who complete their internships satisfactorily will receive preferential treatment when applying for projects and events organised by Politheor;
- The possibility of future employment in the Politheor network;
- Great opportunity to publish and promote your work;
- Opportunity for networking in a fast-growing European Public Policy Center.
Motivated senior students and recent graduates in Public policy, Political Science, International Relations, Environmental policy, Media Studies etc. are encouraged to apply. Graduates in other fields who demonstrate interest in public policy may also be considered.
All candidates must be able to:
- Meet strict deadlines while providing quality content;
- Speak fluent English, with excellent written skills;
- Demonstrate strong analytical capacity and ability to discern policy issues;
- Show willingness to learn and cooperate;
- Prove interest and expertise in one of the relevant policy areas.
- Send your CV along with an English language writing sample to [email protected]. The subject of the e-mail must include the field the policy area/op-ed section you are applying for.
Applications without proper indication of the policy area in the Subject field will not be considered.
For more information, visit Policy Research Internship.