2016/17 Activist in Residence Programme – London (Funded)
Deadline: June 1, 2016
The Centre for Women, Peace & Security invites application for the Activist in Residence Programme. The Centre provides these fellowships for a period of 3 months, to take place between September 2016 and December 2017. The Activist in Residence programme enables those directly engaged in work promoting justice and equality for women in conflict-affected areas to spend a period of time at the Centre.
Activists in Residence will be working on issues such as addressing sexual and gender-based violence in conflict, peace-building, peace-keeping or local efforts to enhance women’s security or ensure women’s active and effective participation in processes for conflict prevention, management and resolution. Activists will be involved in the work of the Centre for Women, Peace and Security, interacting with students and academics and contributing to activities such as research and writing projects, public events, policy-oriented and knowledge-exchange workshops. The Centre will prioritise applications from those working in conflict and post-conflict contexts.
The Centre will provide:
- Return trip to from home country (plus visa costs);
- Three months’ accommodation in London;
- Monthly stipend for living costs;
- Where needed, the Centre will provide an allowance directly to the employer, to support the costs of covering work while an activist is at LSE.
- Fellowship is offered for activists who are directly engaged in work promoting justice and equality for women in conflict-affected areas.
- Applications consist of an application form, a curriculum vitae and two references, sent to [email protected]
Applications will first be considered by a committee within the Centre for Women, Peace and Security. Applications accepted at this stage will then be nominated to a central LSE committee which makes the final decision regarding visiting appointments. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the first stage by July 1, 2016.
Fellowships are for a period of 3 months, to take place between September 2016 and December 2017.
- Application deadline: 1 June 2016
- Initial response: by 1 July 2016
- Final response: 3 August 2016