LDI Africa – 2016 Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (Paid)
Deadline: May 30, 2016
LDI Africa is recruiting for paid positions in Africa. LDI Africa is an award winning social enterprise that connects African organizations, entrepreneurs and professionals to the global marketplace using the expertise of skilled volunteers.
Fellows will have the unique opportunity to work with Africa’s best investment funds and position emerging businesses towards the path of sustainable growth.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Esoko is an information and communication service for agricultural markets in Africa. Through partnerships with businesses, governments and NGOs, Esoko provides advice to farmers (in the form of market prices, weather forecasts, and growing tips) to help them increase yields and profits.
Description: Fellows will serve at Esoko as Commerce Solutions Lead, and Director of International Sales and Marketing.
- Commerce Solutions Lead: Esoko needs someone with extensive experience managing complex projects in the design, development and deployment of mobile applications, especially digital financial services and/or m-commerce.
- Director of International Sales & Marketing: Ideal candidate must be someone who is equally strong on strategy and process, understands what agri-businesses need, and is passionate about the opportunity to work in a private sector tech company with huge potential for increased social impact and scale.
2. BURN Manufacturing Co.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high quality, locally manufactured, and unsubsidized cookstoves. BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.
Description: Fellow will serve at BURN Manufacturing as Visual Designer. Successful candidate should be an extraordinary Visual Designer who can create and produce print, digital, and media content to further the BURN mission.
3. Emerging Cooking Solutions.
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Emerging Cooking Solutions Zambia Limited is a Zambian/Swedish joint venture, introducing clean burning modern cook-stoves andrenewable cooking fuel pellets made from waste biomass. The pellets, stoves and heating/power solutions are brandedas “SupaMoto® Energy”.
Description: Fellow will serve at Emerging Cooking Solutions as Financial Controller.
- Solutions needs a Financial Controller who is able to coach its finance admin/team,
improving existing systems and prepare the company for rapid growth.
- Another critical competency is the ability to advise the management team on strategic issues and be involved in developing existing and new business areas.
4. Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited is one of the largest microfinance banks in Nigeria with a
capitalization of N1.7bn and total asset of N2.7bn as December 31, 2012. Its shareholders include three of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria: Citibank, Zenith Bank and Ecobank, as well as three global financial institutions: IFC, a member of the World Bank, SME Managers and ACCION Investments.
Description: Fellow will serve at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited as Human Resource Information SystemsManager (HRIS). Accion needs someone for its HRIS
manager position to be responsible for managing and overseeing the Bank’s human resource information system. This role will require working closely with members of the Information Technology team to ensure that the HR data is captured accurately and integrity is maintained.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the interested position in the subject line of the email by May 30, 2016. Earlier submissions will be given priority.
For more information, visit LDI Africa Fellowship