Deadline: May 31, 2016
Submit your photo entries and stand a chance to win a trip to Sweden! The Embassy of Sweden calls for photo interpretations of skills. It can be a life skill, a rare skill, an attitude, a tool, a person or any other symbol the word. Interpretations can be artistic, documentary, commercial, funny, sincere, angry or any other style of expression.
Sweden and Botswana have long standing relations, dating back to Botswana’s independence in 1966. After Botswana gained independence, Sweden became a strong development partner working to reduce poverty and to build the skills and capacities that today form part of Botswana’s democratic structures. As Botswana celebrates 50 years of independence this year, Sweden and Botswana form an equal partnership, building on mutual interests and shared responsibilities for continued social and economic growth.
- The winner will receive a trip to Sweden, with a chance to capture and interpret Sweden and skills in a Swedish context, through Botswanan eyes. The trip will be 5-7 days long and be organized in the second half of 2016.
- The work of the winner and finalists will be exhibited in an art photo exhibit, hosted by the Embassy of Sweden. The work of the winner and finalists will be shown in a number of places and contexts, both physical and digital.
- The contest is open to all citizens of Botswana. You do not need to be a professional photographer to enter.
- Send your digital photographs to [email protected]. The resolution should be at least 2 mb at 300dpi;
- Attach a personal letter describing yourself, your entries and include your full contact details;
- Up to ten entries are allowed per photographer.