Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are now been accepted for the IWMF’s Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories. The IWMF’s Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories, is a new funding initiative supporting journalism produced by and about women. In an era of increased globalization, the need for varied coverage of gendered topics is critical to a free and representative press. These grants will be a catalyst for reporting on untold stories surrounding issues that impact women and girls’ daily lives worldwide.
These reporting grants provide opportunities for women journalists to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of underreported topics.
- Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- All answers and documents must be in English. Due to the high volume of applications we cannot answer questions by phone. Please review the application guide and frequently asked questions on our website prior to beginning this application.
- Grants will average $5,000 USD.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation), logistics, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
- Funding will be awarded in August, December, and April.
How to Apply
- All applications must be filled out online via the IWMF’s online application system. Apply online here. Please create an account first.
For more information, visit IWMF Reporting Grants.