CIMB Data Science Challenge 2016 – Up to RM 30,000 Cash Prize!
Deadline: May 31, 2016
CIMB Data Science Challenge 2016 is a competition organised by CIMB Group for Malaysians studying in universities based in Malaysia. This competition was developed as part of efforts to identify aspiring Data Scientists who would thrive in the world of Business Analytics.
The competition aims to develop talents in the area of Business Analytics by providing participants with real-world challenges and constraints faced by the banking industry. It requires participating teams to solve real business problems using business intelligence rather than intuition, thus developing their skills to predict future business trends with reasonable accuracy and making informed decisions through analytics.
CIMB Data Science Challenge will test participants’ application and knowledge of data preparation and data mining.
- Participating teams will need to:
- Develop creative and effective data analytics and marketing strategies to strengthen CIMB’s ability to cross-sell products and deepen customer relationships by creating propensity/ predictive models and/or segmentation framework.
- Propose business solutions that address revenue growth challenges faced by CIMB.
- The duration of the competition is 2 days. During this period, the following items will be provided:
- General information about the competition;
- Storyline case study and dataset;
- Description and information about the dataset;
- Results template;
- Evaluation criteria and allocation of marks;
- A computer notebook.
- Each team will have to solve the case scenario and prepare the following:
- 2 page summary report of the methodology, workflow and outcome;
- EXCEL workbook of final results;
- Team presentation.
- RM 30,000 cash will be awarded to the winning teams participating in the CIMB Data Science Challenge 2016:
- Champions – RM12,000;
- 1st Runner Up – RM8,000;
- 2nd Runner Up – RM5,000;
- 3rd Runner Up – RM2,500;
- 4th Runner Up – RM1,500;
- 5th Runner Up – RM1,000.
- The winners will also receive employment opportunity with CIMB Group after they graduate.
- Open to penultimate and final year Malaysian undergraduates from quantitative or computer science related studies;
- Participation is by teams and each team MUST consist of 3 students from the same university;
- Each team will be required to record a 2-minute (maximum length) video covering the following:
- Each member to introduce themselves – name, university, year and field of study.
- Why you want to participate in the Challenge?
- Why your team should be shortlisted?
- If your team wins the first prize of RM12,000 – what you will do with the prize money?
- See more Terms and Conditions.
- May 5 – May 31, 2016: Registration;
- June 6 – July 21, 2016: e-learning (worth RM8,800 each) for shortlisted teams;
- July 11 – July 28, 2016: Working on problem solving methodology and case study (1 day)
- August 6 – August 7, 2016: Competition & Prize Giving (2 days)
Complete the Registration Form.
For more information, visit 2016 Data Science Challenge.