2017 Singapore International Graduate Awards
Deadline: June 1, 2016
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). SINGA brings together top scientists from A*STAR, NTU, NUS, and SUTD. These scientists have made a mark in the international R&D landscape and are currently pursuing research work at A*STAR, NTU, NUS or SUTD.
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Engineering and Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination;
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies;
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance;
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500.
- Open to all international students;
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results;
- Good skills in written and spoken English;
- Good reports from academic referees.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. SINGA may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Begin Application Here.
- Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
- Identity card or Passport;
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format;
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation);
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred;
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation);
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred;
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees);
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. Not compulsory but good to include (if available).
- Please note that you are NOT required to mail the hard copies of the above mentioned documents to the SINGA Office. The SINGA Office shall not be responsible for any loss of documents;
- Please note that you are strongly advised to submit your application as early as possible, so as to provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports in the portal before the application deadline. Only applications with 2 recommendation reports submitted before the above stipulated application deadline will be processed.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.