Deadline: June 1, 2016
The YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa seeks to empower young men and women who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries. The Emerging Leaders Program will teach young African leaders about modern leadership over a period of 17 weeks. The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5 week coursework phase delivered in-person or online and the remaining 12 weeks distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period.
Focusing on the 5-week coursework phase, it will entail three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective course selected from a sample of three courses covering three themes, namely Entrepreneurship, Public Policy and Management, and Civil Society Management.
The following expenses are covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required);
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra for all non-Ghanaian participants;
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence;
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan;
- Housing and meals;
- Stipend to cover miscellaneous costs when in Accra.
The Program will only cover your transportation costs to and from Ghana if you are residing within one of the countries served by the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra. If you reside outside of the defined region, YALI will only pay the cost of transportation to/from Accra from your country of citizenship and you will be required to cover any additional costs
- At the end of the programs participants will be awarded with certificate and become a member of the YALI alumini;
- Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership and prepare them for leadership role in their various endeavors;
- Participants will acquired and understand modern concepts, policies and practices to effectively manage people.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, and Sierra Leone
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with physical disabilities or special needs who require another person’s assistance to complete an application may do so.