2016 Monash South Africa LEAD Fellowship Programme
Deadline: June 30, 2016
Monash South Africa (MSA) is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the MSA LEAD – Leading Entrepreneurs for African Development, a fellowship program for young social entrepreneurs. The program is the result of a global partnership between MSA, the International Youth Foundation (IYF), and Laureate International Universities.
Implemented by MSA, the program identifies and supports young social entrepreneurs across South Africa, while strengthening the regional youth social innovation sector as a whole. Fellows participate in advanced training during a weeklong workshop covering topics such as leadership development, project management, and communications, as well as ongoing learning and mentoring opportunities throughout the fellowship year.
- Each of the winning projects receives $2000 to support their work.
- Open to young social entrepreneurs between the ages of 16 – 29 years old;
- Applicant must be a legal resident, visa holder, or citizen of South Africa;
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak English fluently;
- They must be the founder or co-founder of a social venture based in South Africa and must be currently involved in the activities of the venture;
- Venture must be able to show at least six months of impact in the community by June 30, 2016
- They must be avialable to participate in a one-week trainign in Johannesburg in late November or early December 2016, and willing to participate in one year of follow-up activities after the training.
- Apply Now!
- Applications must be submitted online or by email to email@example.com
For more information, visit MSA Fellowship.