Indonesia Sociopreneur Challenge – Win Cash Prizes Up to $29,000 and more!
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Indonesia Sociopreneur Challenge or ISoC is an annual competition in Social Entrepreneurship that focuses on solving specific issues through innovation with commercial potential. ISoC was initiated by Technopreneurship Program – Surya University, Agency for Public cleanliness, Park and Cemetery (DKPP) of South Tangerang, and City Planning Development Agency of South Tangerang. The first competition was in 2015 and aimed for Indonesians only and referring to the success, enthusiasm, and feedback from people not only from Indonesia but also abroad, ISoC 2016 becomes an international challenge.
The theme for ISoC 2016 is ‘Waste around Us’ and applications are invited from anyone with an innovative idea to solve waste problem in South Tangerang.
- Applied Technology – This category welcomes any technology (excluding apps) used to solve problems.
- Apps – This category welcomes application for android, IoS, desktop as a solution for waste problems.
- Educational Campaign – This category welcomes product or service used to raising awareness and providing information about waste through various media.
- Idea Stage: Participants have an idea with commercial potential, but has not yet started a business.
- Start Up Stage: Venture has been established, but is less than three years (on October 31st, 2016).
Prizes and Benefits
- All Expense Paid Trip;
- Training in Bootcamp;
- Exposure to Media;
- Cash Prize;
- Meeting Great People;
- Networking Opportunities.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old, no maximumm age;
- Participants can be an individual or a team of up to three members;
- Participants cannot submit more than one application;
- Participants show their commitment by paying a $10 commitment fee (for non-indonesia citizens) or a IDR 100.00 (for Indonesia citizens)
- See more on Terms and Conditions.
- Apply here!
- At the time of submission, applicants will
- Classify the application as either an Idea Stage or Startup Stage project;
- Assure that the purpose of the work proposed is to benefit South Tangerang and ultimately, Indonesia.
- Acknowledge that any fund or support received from ISoC 2016 will be used for lawful purposes;
- Commit to provide a report on the impact of any prize received from the competition;
- Commit to use any ISoC 2016 prize money received to advance the S&T entrepreneurship goals described in the application; and
- Certify that materials submitted in the application are the original work of the applicants. All applications advancing to the semi-final stage will be screened electronically to validate that the writings are that of the applicant and not taken from other sources. No application containing plagiarized writing will be funded under this competition.
For more information, visit Indonesia Sociopreneur Challenge.