Transnet Bursary Scheme for South African Students
Deadline: July 31, 2016
Transnet Bursary Scheme is aimed at assisting young South Africans make their dreams come true. Full-time bursaries are awarded annually according to the employment needs of the company. All the full-time students are viewed as potential employees – depending on vacancies being available after successfully completing their qualifications.
The comprehensive bursary covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals
- Book Allowance
- Experiential training
What Will Transnet Expect From You? (Contractual Obligations)
- Students are required to render one year’s service for every year of financial aid received from Transnet after acquiring the qualification;
- Subjects failed must be repeated at student’s own cost. Termination of the bursary will be in consultation with the student and the training institution;
- If the student fails to comply with the requirements of the bursary agreement, the bursary becomes payable in terms of the agreement;
- The bursary will be renewed annually if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory.
Students should study at a South African University of their own choice who offers the relevant fields of study.
- Industrial Engineering (Ref no: 60000173);
- Metallurgy (physical) (Ref no: 60000170);
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current) (Ref no: 60000167)
- Electronics (Ref no: 60000171);
- Mechanical Engineering (Ref no: 60000169);
- Civil Engineering (Ref no: 60000175).
After the screening of applications by the Transnet Bursary Department, candidates – based on academic performance on secondary or tertiary level – will be invited to be interviewed. The interviews will take place in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town and Durban. The final selection and award is subjective to the following: Interview, Satisfactory academic results and Medical fitness
Download and complete the Application Form.
Send application package to:
150 Commissioner Street, Johannesburg.
For more information, visit Transnet Bursary Scheme.