Deadline: Varies with country
Are you a young entrepreneur who is making waves in your industry? Are you a leader and changemaker in your community? Are you in need of mentorship and support to take your enterprise one step further to new heights? Then, the Road to Nairobi 2016 is for you!!
Supported by Building Bridges Foundation, ‘The Road to Nairobi 2016’ project will e foster youth empowerment and employment in 8 African countries (South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Malawi Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya). Road to Nairobi bus tour begins in South Africa and ends in Kenya over 100 days period. In each country, the country team and the core team will tour the country for 10 days, meeting 10 pre-selected youth entrepreneurs from across the country, on the ground and discussing some of the challenges they have faced as youth entrepreneurs in the business environment in their country as well as some enabling factors.
In order to apply you need to match the following criteria:
- You must be between 15 and 35 years old.
- You must be a national or a resident of the following African countries:South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda or Rwanda.
- Your business must be up and running. The Road to Nairobi 2016 project is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started and be able to prove it!
- Your business, invention, or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, industry, agriculture, water, etc.).
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of the business.
Upon being selected as participant of the Road to Nairobi 2016 project the youth entrepreneur will gain the following benefits:
- Have their story and enterprise covered in a book called “Young African Entrepreneurs”. The book will be published in early 2017.
- Present at the multi-stakeholder event in your country of residence that brings together young entrepreneurs, policymakers and other government officials, successful members of the private sector, and UN entities.
- Stand a chance to be chosen as one of the five entrepreneurs to present their venture to policymakers and CEO’s from all over the world during the 2nd High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation in Nairobi.
- Have the opportunity to join the Global Shaper Community of the World Economic Forum in your city / country of residence.
- Have the opportunity to link with stakeholders who will have access to mentorship and funding opportunities.
Please complete and submit online application here
Country Specific Deadlines
- South Africa (Deadline: 30th June)
- Mozambique (Deadline: 30th June)
- Zimbabwe (Deadline: 14th July)
- Malawi (Deadline: 14th July)
- Tanzania (Deadline: 28th July)
- Kenya (Deadline: 28th July)
- Uganda (Deadline: 18th August)
- Rwanda (Deadline: 18th August)
For more information, visit Road to Nairobi