Deadline: June 2, 2016
Applications are open for the JCI Social Enterprise Contest 2016. This is an initiative of the Global Youth Empowerment Fund that will offer trade financing to at least one established, for-profit social enterprise founded or partially owned by a young person. The Global Youth Empowerment Fund is an initiative in partnership with the SDG Action Campaign (formerly the UN Millennium Campaign) to provide resources to youth-led initiatives that advance the Global Goals.
Through JCI’s commitment to the 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development, JCI members work to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and fix climate change, as well as contribute to economic empowerment as a way to help people out of poverty. JCI believes that it is only through uniting all sectors of society, including business, that we can achieve sustainable impact. By empowering social entrepreneurs, we are demonstrating just one of the ways young people create positive change in their communities.
- Grant Prize Winner receives:
- Financing from kountable
- Complimentary trip to the 2016 JCI World Congress (Includes registration, travel and hotel accommodations for one individual)
The Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the group of four finalists.
- Four Finalists receive: Complimentary trip to the 2016 JCI Global Partnership Summit (Includes registration, travel and hotel accommodations for one individual).
Each Area will have one selected finalist.
- Be a current JCI member or young person (ages 18 to 40) from one of the eight target countries identified (Colombia, Estonia, India, Jordan, the Philippines, Senegal, Turkey, and Uruguay);
- Be an established entrepreneur with an existing social enterprise and a track record of success;
- Demonstrate how the business contributes to at least one of the 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development as well as the need for trade financing;
- Apply via the JCI Grant Management System and, if passed to the second round, via the kountable website and smart phone application.
The winning business will be selected, in part, based on a strategic decision by kountable of which country has the highest number of most competitive applications to support the expansion of its markets.
For more information, visit JCI Social Enterprise Contest.