Deadline: May 31, 2016
“Building Think Tank Influence and Effectiveness” is a Professional Fellows On-Demand Exchange Program funded by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by World Learning. This exchange program encourages the study of existing and emerging international bodies in Asia and their efforts to address national, regional, and global challenges.
The exchange program will include two categories of think-tank professionals:
- Eleven think-tank scholars, including one from each of Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam, will research regional bodies and their approaches to solving transnational issues.
- Thirteen think tank leaders, including one from each of the following countries Australia, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam, will investigate different models for growing their think tanks’ capacity and influence.
During their stay in the U.S., both sets of participants will have common program segments but also separate tracks, pursuing two sets of goals.
- Accommodations will include double-person hotel rooms;
- A small stipend will be provided during the participants’ time in the United States to cover basic living expenses;
- The cost of international and domestic travel, program related ground transportation, cultural activities, and all other programmatic and logistical arrangements will be covered.
- Candidates will be professionals from think-tanks that are active in either management or scholarly research;
- They should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven leadership abilities, and a commitment to the program and follow-on activities;
- Those selected will come from diverse backgrounds, ethnicities and organizations. Organizers also aim for gender balance;
- Strong English language skills are required as the participants will need to converse about complex issues with US peers and experts. The application must be completed in English.
To select the best candidates, we will review applications based on clearly defined criteria, including:
- Openness to dialogue and new ideas;
- Strong potential to play an increasingly important role in think-tank promotion and development; and
- Interest in participating in the program and sharing the experience with colleagues and the public.
For application and application, visit “Building Think Tank Influence and Effectiveness” Exchange Program.