Deadline: June 3, 2016
Calling all Commonwealth Students Leaders! Apply now for your chance to be selected as the Africa & Europe or Asia Regional Representative of the Commonwealth Students Association. The Commonwealth Students Association is recruiting for the following vacant positions in its current Steering Committee:
- Africa & Europe Regional Representative
- Asia Regional Representative
- Must have attained the age of 18 years at nomination, and not attain the age of 29 years during term of office (2016-2018).
- Be a current national student leader or one whose term has lapsed a year before the announcement for call for nominations.
- Be a member of the executive of a national student body. (Where none exists, the President of a University Student Body.)
- Have experience in student advocacy, with knowledge of the region and student issues.
- Be a national of a Commonwealth member country.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note that these are voluntary positions which are not remunerated.
Africa & Europe Regional Representative
- A national of an African or European country in the Commonwealth, resident in the region.
Asia Regional Representative
- A national of an Asia Region Commonwealth member state, resident in the region.
For more information on the roles, responsibilities and requirements of these positions, please consult the Steering Committee’s Terms of Reference.
All applications should be submitted via the online application form only.
- A signed and dated application letter expressing interest in a position, showing how the candidate has met the outlined requirements (age, gender, nationality, residency, student leadership experience)
- A duly filled nomination form (signed by an authorising officer) from the national student body the candidate has served on or is serving. (NB: A nominating agency can only nominate one candidate per position. Date of receipt will be taken into account where two nominations are received from the same agency.)
- A one page resume.
An adjudication panel (comprised of representatives from the last CSA Steering Committee and representatives of the Commonwealth Secretariat) will review the applications, interview the candidates and recommend the most suitable candidates for appointment. An announcement of the outcomes will be made on 17 June 2016.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Students Association.