Young African Entrepreneurs Competition – RUFORUM 2016 Open Awards Competition
Deadline: July 30, 2016
Young African Entrepreneurs Competition/RUFORUM 2016 is now open for entries. RUFORUM (The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture ) invites young (<40 years) African entrepreneurs and incubates, to compete for 10 conference awards to show case their innovations, enterprises and business concepts and propositions.
RUFORUM recognizes the need for greater youth participation in enterprise development and business incubation and through its member universities and partners has supported training and skills development.
This competition has also supported start-ups through innovative financing mechanism of the revolving fund implemented in the member universities. RUFORUM believes in youth entrepreneurship as the game changer in ensuring greater youth participation and integration into the economic growth at national and regional levels and for youth employment.
While the focus of this competition is on innovation in agribusiness, other innovations, incubations, business enterprises and business concepts along ICTs, health, engineering, natural resources, meteorology, urbanization, green economy, and transport and communication, among other areas, will be considered.
Applications are invited from enterprises and individuals that meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Persons with an established business enterprise and/or those with innovations that can potentially be commercialized and/or those with business concepts
- The business enterprise/potential enterprise should have a defined business model that show case the innovativeness of the proposed enterprise/business/innovation.
- Submissions should be in English or French using the template provided.
- The ten (10) competitively selected business enterprises will receive all expenses paid trip (air ticket, conference registration, and hotel costs) for participation at the RUFORUM Biennial Conference (17th -21st October, 2016) in Cape Town, South Africa.
- The selected young innovators will also receive a competition cash price award.
How to Apply
For more information, visit RUFORUM 2016