The African Exponent Software Internship 2016
Deadline: July 1, 2016
The African Exponent is accepting applications for the software internship program. The software interns will join the technical team in maintaining the website and ensuring that the user experience on The African Exponent website is exceptional.
The African Exponent is a premier digital media platform that aims to create a paradigm shift in the way the world, and Africans, perceive Africa. The African Exponent’s global community of readers spans 33 African countries, the United States, India, Indonesia and the United Kingdom.
This software internship opportunity will allow you to advance your technical skills, and implementing features that will be used by the broad audience. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, who will mentor you for the duration of the internship as you advance your technical skills.
The intern’s responsibilities include:
- Working on new features that will benefit our readers.
- Writing code and testing code to ensure stability of critical infrastructure at The African Exponent
- Managing and deploying production code to The African Exponent.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science/ Engineering program (or related technical field), or recently completed a degree in the aforementioned fields.
- Required knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with the Linux Operating system.
- Experience with Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm is a plus.
- Ability to develop new features from scratch and knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under fast working conditions
- This internship program is unpaid and allows you to work remotely. However, we will provide you with challenging and exciting work that will enable you to grow both as an individual and as a professional.
- Upon completion of the internship program, you will be awarded a certificate and our CFO will write you a reference when you need one.
To Apply: Submit CV: email@example.com