Australian Government’s Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarships and Fellowships 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2016
Applications for the 2017 round of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are now open. Administered by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to:
- develop ongoing educational, research and professional links between individuals, organisations and countries
- increase the skills and global awareness of high achieving individuals from Australia and overseas
- contribute to Australia’s reputation as a high quality provider of education and training and a leader in research and innovation
- increase the productivity of Australians through international study, research or professional development experience.
All recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during programme for international recipients)
Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
- International recipients must be citizens and/or permanent residents of a participating country and remain so for the duration of their programme. International recipients must not hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency of Australia.
- Australian recipients must be citizens and/or an official permanent resident of Australia and must remain so for the duration of their programme. Australian recipients must not undertake their programme in a country where they hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency.
- Recipients must be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme. There is no maximum age limit.
- Members of the same family and/or spouses are eligible to apply for an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship and will be considered individually on merit.
- Applicants who have already commenced their proposed Endeavour programme at their host organisation are ineligible to apply.
More information can be found in the FAQs.
- Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China (People’s Republic), Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Republic of Korea – South), Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Reunion), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland).
- Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Pacific: Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Applicants should read the following documentation before commencing an application.
- Complete the application form here.
For more information, visit Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships.