Deadline: June 30, 2016
World Meterological Organisation (WMO) is holding a photo competition for its 2017 calendar. The theme is “Understanding Clouds” – which is also the theme of World Meteorological Day on March 23, 2017. “Understanding Clouds” celebrates the new International Cloud Atlas, which has its roots in the 19th century and was last updated in 1987. WMO is now undertaking a major revision of the Atlas.
The aim is to produce a user-friendly, digital-based product which is an authoritative, comprehensive and up to date source of reference for both meteorologists and cloud enthusiasts around the world. It will also include new types of cloud.
- Winning entries will feature in the 2017 WMO calendar, showcase on the WMO website, Flickr gallery, Instagram page and be displayed on the WMO Facebook Timeline. No cash prize will be offered to winners of the photo contest.
- Open to all individuals and groups, regardless of age or location;
- Employees of the WMO Secretariat are prohibited from Contest entry;
- Entrants under 18 years of age may participate with the permission of their parents or legal guardians. If the photo of an entrant under 18 years of age is chosen, and written parental or guardian permission cannot be provided, the WMO has the right to reject the entry.
- Entrants are required to obtain permission from all persons appearing on photo. If an entrant is chosen winner, and such written permission cannot be provided, the WMO has the right to reject the entry.
- All photos must be a minimum size of 2500 x 3500 pixels.
- All photos must be submitted in JPEG or TIFF format (with little compression to preserve image quality.
- Black and white photographs as well as coloured photographs will be accepted.
- All photos must be clearly captioned, including a title, a location and the date of the photograph.
- Take a striking photo of a cloud or clouds that meets the submission guidelines. There are some amazing ones out there!
- Read the Terms & conditions.
- Fill out the mandatory online entry Form and attach your photo. Don’t forget a short explanatory caption and location for your image!
The deadline for entry is June 30, 2016. Results will be announced before September 15, 2016.
For more information, visit WMO Calendar Competition.