Deadline: June 30, 2016
The UEFG are currently seeking a dynamic Public Affairs Officer to join the small and highly-dedicated international team based in the European quarter of Brussels. UEPG, the European Aggregates Association, represents the biggest non-energy extractive industry with Members in 29 countries across Europe. Their mission is to demonstrate the key role played by the European Aggregates Industry in meeting the needs of Europe and its society and to shape EU public policy in areas where it is likely to affect the sector.
- Monitor and assess EU policy developments and advise UEPG Members on their implications, in particular in the area of environmental and technical policies;
- Develop and coordinate UEPG advocacy programmes vis-à-vis the European Commission, European Parliament and Council working groups;
- Draft clear reports, position papers, presentations and speeches;
- Make a significant input to UEPG Sustainable Development Strategy;
- Expand UEPG’s network with stakeholders including NGOs.
- A competitive salary and an excellent working environment at the centre of the EU quarter.
- Candidates should have 2 to 3 years professional experience in EU public affairs; preferably with an environmental background;
- English mother tongue (or equivalent) and good command of French;
- Thorough knowledge of EU policy-making;
- Excellent analytical, organisation and communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work in a small team.
- Send your CV to [email protected]. Your application letter should describe how you see yourself fulfilling the role as outlined above.
For more information, visit UEPG Vacancies.