Nominate for the Stockholm Water Prize 2017
Deadline: September 25, 2016
The world’s most prestigious water award, Stockholm Water Prize, honours women, men and organizations whose work contributes to the conservation and protection of water resources, and to the well-being of the planet and its inhabitants. All who have made extraordinary water-related achievements are eligible.
Stockholm Water Prize was founded by the Stockholm Water Foundation, and is supported by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the International Water Association, the Water Environment Federation and the City of Stockholm. The Founders of the Stockholm Water Prize are united in their conviction towards a water wise world.
- The Laureate receives global acknowledgement and visibility, a specially designed sculpture, and USD 150,000.
- He or she also has the privilege of presenting a lecture during the Opening Plenary of the World Water Week in Stockholm.
- Any woman, man or organisation that have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and protection of the world’s water resources and to improved health of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems, may be nominated.
- The achievements can be within the fields of science, technology, education, public policy, or practice related to sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
- The work of the candidate should have proven impact and/or great potential.
- Over the years, the Stockholm Water Prize Laureates have represented regions from all over the world and a broad range of water-related activities, professions and scientific disciplines.
Nominations are welcomed from anyone. However, self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not allowed.